Where did the month go?? I can’t believe that tomorrow is July 1st. It crept up on me, and I had to scramble to take all my pictures for end/start of month! I should really use my calendar more often…
I kept strong with my book ban! I did buy ONE book, which I mean to get to within my week’s allotted time, but honestly our vacation just didn’t leave as much room for reading as I was hoping and I didn’t get a chance to pick it up. Maybe next month?? This month also marked my first physical ARCs from a publisher! I actually know I have two more on the way and was hoping they would make this month, but unfortunately not. I am so thrilled to have gotten the chance to review these books, and so grateful to the publishers! These are 6 books I acquired this month:
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang (Book of the Month)
- Dividing Eden by Joelle Charbonneau (Beacon Book Box)
- Eden Conquered by Joelle Charbonneau (Beacon Book Box)
- My Lady Jane by Hand, Ashton, and Meadows (my only purchase!)
- Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan (ARC sent by Jimmy Patterson)
- Blanca & Roja by Anna-Marien McLemore (ARC sent by Macmillan)
As I acquired 23 (!!!!) books last month, I think I did pretty well for myself in June. I actually celebrated surviving my book ban by ordering a BUNCH of books (but <10!), both preorder and to arrive next week. However, I do think I’m going to continue my book ban through July (exempting my celebration purchases, of course). You can read about my book ban here if you’re interested in joining along!
This month I read 8 books, which is tying the most out of any month of the year! It was a pretty good month too, with only 2 books falling below 4 stars. I finally started a series I’d been dying to read, and read a good number of ARCs as well. Here, they are, in order with rating. You can click the link to see my review!
- Bruja Born (ARC): ★★★★★
- The Poppy War (buddy read): ★★★★.5
- The Boyfriend Bracket (ARC): ★★★
- My Plain Jane (ARC): ★★★★.5
- The Edge of Everything: ★★★★
- The Brink of Darkness (ARC): ★★★.5
- Shadow and Bone (buddy read): ★★★★.5
- Seige and Storm: ★★★★
My top book this month was Bruja Born, but it was closely followed by three others! It seems like I’ve gotten really lucky this year with reading so far. I hope it keeps up! So far this year, I’ve read 44 (50 was my goodreads goal). Last year I only read 37 total! Admittedly it was a big year for me – I graduated with my doctorate, started my first real job as a physical therapist, got married, and bought a house and a puppy. So I am thrilled to have a little more downtime this year to read!
How many books did you read this month? Which has been your favorite? I hope everyone has a fantastic July!