I was hoping for a lot more time for backlist reading in November and December, but unfortunately it doesn’t look like that’s happened. I had a little bit of a slumpy month, and I’m desperately hoping some good Christmas reads will pull me out of it! (stay tuned for my December TBR…) I did partake in a super fun buddy read with some of my best reading friends, AND made a point to finish Kingdom of Ash, which may end up being my favorite book of the month.
Once again, I hauled waaaaay too many books this month – 12 again. After November, I am going on a STRICT book ban, at least until the new year hits. I’ll probably be doing a post about this soon. Here are the books I added to my shelf this month:
- Throne of Glass (Collector’s Edition) by Sarah J. Maas
- Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman
- The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
- The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory (Book of the Month)
- Snow in Love by Melissa de la Cruz, Nic Stone, Aimee Friedman, and Kasie West
- His Perfect Wife by Natasha Bell (from Crown Publishing)
- Merry and Bright by Debbie Macomber
- A Stone Creek Christmas by Linda Lael Miller
- Solitaire by Alice Oseman
- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
- I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman
- Skyward by Brandon Sanderson (Fairloot)
Obviously, I bought several books for Christmas reads next month and I am so excited for lighthearted, easy reads!
Luckily, I also read a decent amount of books. Most of them were ARCs, bud I did manage to do a LITTLE bit of mood reading. Hopefully more in the coming months?
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas: ★★★★
- My Favorite Half Night Stand by Christina Lauren (ARC): ★★★.5
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare: ★★★★
- Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill: ★★★
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas (audio, reread): ★★★★
- Ever the Brave by Erin Summerill: ★★★.5
- The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory: ★★★★
- Once a King by Erin Summerill (ARC): ★★★.5
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer (ARC): ★★★★
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare (audio): ★★
- Evermore by Sarah Holland (ARC): ★★★.5
And that’s it guys! At least I got to buddy read a few of these with some of my favorite people. And after looking at this list I’m honestly not sure which to pick for my best book of the month because none of them really blew me away… Hopefully December is better, I know I wasn’t the only one to have a slump this month.
Happy reading, friends!