My goal in January was to really cut back on my book buying, for a couple reasons. 1, Christmas really kicked my wallet in the ass. 2, my TBR shelf is SO FULL and I am desperately trying to carve away at it. I didn’t want to do a full book-buying ban, because those really have not gone well for me in the past, but I really did a decent job! Here’s the books I hauled in the past month:
I actually skipped using my Book of the Month credit this month (GASP) so I only got one book from a book box: Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye, in the January Fairyloot box. This gorgeous exclusive had beautiful sprayed edges!
I was lucky enough to receive a few books from publishers this month, and I always am so so grateful for these opportunities!
- This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp – Sourcebooks Fire
- The Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty – Harper Voyager
Ok, I admit, I did cave and buy some books. HOWEVER a couple of them were preorders… so do those even really count??
- The Wicked King by Holly Black
- The Wicked King by Holly Black (Barnes and Noble Edition)
- Slayer by Kiersten White
- Aquicorn Cove by Katie O’Neill
- The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill
Overall, 8 books isn’t that bad, and really, I read more than that, so I’m going to count that as a win?
How many books did you haul in January??