Here we go again, bookworms! It’s time for Contemporary-A-Thon! I definitely had some difficulty picking which books to read, and there’s always that little question: CAN I GET TO ALL OF THESE IN ONE WEEK? Only time will tell…
This round runs from February 11 – February 17.
- Read your most recently purchased or acquired contemporary
- Read a contemporary with blurple (blue or purple) on the cover
- Read a diverse contemporary keeping in mind its African heritage month and an own voices African author would be a great pick
- Read a dark, taboo, or emotional book
- Read a contemporary you meant to read in 2018 but didn’t get to
- Read a contemporary in a non-traditional format (ebook, audio, graphic novel etc)
- Read a contemporary with a picture on the spine (not a color or pattern but an image)
The Bride Test by Helen Hoang: challenges 1, 3
Radio Silence by Alice Oseman: challenges 2, 5, 7
The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory: challenges 3, 5, 7
Aquicorn Cove by Katie O’Neill: challenge 6
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas: challenges 3, 4, 5
Can I read 5 books in one week? Doubtful. Did that stop me from piling them all on? Nope! I also know there will be challenges and giveaways on various social media platforms, as well as a live show, so make sure you check out the host’s pages for more information! Will you guys be participating? I can’t wait to get started!