For most of quarantine, I did a decent job on not buying ALL THE BOOKS. The past few months I’ve done decidedly less of a good job, BUT I will say, I think the books I chose to spend my money on this month are TOP NOTCH, especially considering pride month and the book community’s attempt to Black out the best seller list. Here are the books I purchased in June:
- Heartstopper Vol. 2 by Alice Oseman
- A Song Below Water by Bethany C. Morrow
- You Should See Me In a Crown by Leah Johnson
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo
- Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert
- One to Watch by Kate Stayman-London (BOTM)
- Home Before Dark by Riley Sager (BOTM)
How many books did you buy in June??
Ok, I realize while I was on hiatus there was a huge pandemic, so buying books was not high on my list of priorities. That being said, I did manage to purchase some! Here are the books I added to my shelves while I was away:
- House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas
- The Two Lies of Lydia Bird by Josie Silverman
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix (birthday gift from Amy – thank you so much sweet friend!)
- The Diviners by Libba Bray:
- A Lesson in Thorns by Sierra Simone
- Beach Read by Emily Henry
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- The Boyfriend Project by Farrah Rochon
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- Heartstopper Vol 3 by Alice Oseman
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins
To be fair, April WAS my birthday month so I may have gone a little wild and taken “treat yourself” completely to heart. Have you guys read any of these? What’d you think??
It’s hard to believe it’s the end of the month already! I’ve been doing a pretty good job of keeping my hauls low, which makes my bank account suuuuper happy. We’ll just forget that I went a little wild with my BOTM selections this month…
Here are the books I hauled in February:
- Summer of Salt by Katrina Leno
- Anna K by Jenny Lee – BOTM
- The Holdout by Graham Moore – BOTM
- You Are Not Alone by Hendricks & Pekkanen – BOTM
How many books did you haul in February?
First book haul of the new decade! And lo and behold, I actually kept it pretty small. Over the past year, I’ve really cut down on buying books and made a bigger effort to try and read the ones already on my shelf. And I’ve done pretty well! … for the most part.
Here are the books I hauled in January:
- Recursion by Blake Crouch (BOTM)
- When We Were Vikings by Andrew David MacDonald (BOTM)
- Love Her or Lose Her by Tessa Bailey (ARC – thanks Avon and Goodreads!)
Wow, and that’s it, folks! My BOTM picks and a freebie!
How many books did you haul to kick of 2020?
The end of the year – and the DECADE! I know a lot of people’s December hauls are going to be ginormous, but mine is pretty small. My family and friends find it daunting to try and buy me books I may or may not already own, I think. Honestly, it’s a good thing – my TBR shelf has literally no more room. Someone send help.
Here are the books I hauled in December:
- The Wives by Tarryn Fisher – BOTM pick
- The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand
- Heartstopper Vol 1 by Alice Oseman – thank you so much to my lovely friend Amy @ A Court of Crowns and Quills! If you don’t follow her on any of her platforms, DO IT. She is one of my favorite people I’ve met through this bookish journey!
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood – good job, hubby!
What books did you haul this month? Any good Christmas gifts??
HOW is it already the end of November? I know I say this every month, but it feels like it just flew by. I did a pretty good job at limiting my purchases in November, especially since we’re creeping up on Christmas.
Here are the books I hauled in November:
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo (BOTM)
- The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell (BOTM)
- Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert (BOTM)
- Queen of Nothing by Holly Black (BN edition)
- Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw
Frankly, I’m most impressed that I’ve already managed to read two of these books – but not review them. Whoops.
How many books did you haul in November?
October flew by faster than I could blink, although I feel like I say that every month. And I know I said I was hoping to use this month to get my blogging and reading back on track, but I really only managed to accomplish one of those things. My blogging (and reviewing) was still positively abysmal, and I apologize for that! BUT I did read a bunch – which you’ll see tomorrow on my wrap up post!
THIS post is about my haul, and I’ve been doing a decent job of keeping these pretty under control the past few months.
Here are the books I hauled in October:
- The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
- The Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed
- The Power by Naomi Alderman (gift from my best friend!)
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black (Barnes and Noble edition)
How many books did you haul this month??
I can’t believe September is already over. Sorry this is going up a bit late – my fall has been bananas with activities! My reading (and blogging) has definitely suffered, but I’m hoping to be able to up my content soon.
I’ve been sticking pretty close to my book ban – I only hauled 5 books this month. Part of it is because I skipped Book of the Month – none of the choices really struck me. HOWEVER I did get my affiliate book from YA BOTM, and I’m super excited to read it! If you’re on the fence about trying out the program, use my link to try it out!
Here are the books I hauled in September:
- The Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson
- The Girl in the Well by Rin Chupeco
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alex E. Harrow (YA BOTM pick)
- The Escape Room by Megan Goldin
- American Predator by Maureen Callahan
How many books did you haul this month??
I feel like I say this every month, but I just can’t believe how fast the time is going. Is it really almost SEPTEMBER? but wait…that means… it’s time for ALL. THINGS. FALL. Yes!
But before we get there, we have to talk about the last month of summer. I’m doing a pretty decent job at buying less books, but let’s just cross our fingers that that continues, shall we?
Here are the books I hauled this month:
My Book of the Month membership is going so strong, y’all. (FUN FACT: I’m now an affiliate for the new branch for YA books! If you’re interested, use my link to subscribe to support my page!). This month I went with three books, in ADDITION to my YA BOTM package that I received (oops):
- The Whisper Man by Alex North
- Well Met by Jen DeLuca
- The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
- House of Salt and Sorrow by Erin A. Craig (YA BOTM)
Man, look at all those spooky books piling up… we are definitely getting close to October, folks.
Again, I think this was an impromptu fall-is-approaching buy, but I picked up Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco. I know, I can hardly believe I haven’t read this series yet either, but I’m thinking I’ll be giving it a go soon!
How many books did you haul in August? Are you ready to jump into fall like me?
I can’t believe it’s already almost August – where has the summer gone? Pretty soon we’ll all be reading Christmas books and drinking hot chocolate next to crackling fires. YIKES.
I tried to keep the haul small this month, as we had an expensive vacation and we’re definitely trying to keep the spending small. BUT I did gather a few exciting new reads!
As I mentioned previously, I’ve canceled my Fairyloot subscription for now (SO SAD) but I’m still staying loyal to my Book of the Month membership. (FUN FACT: I’m now an affiliate for the new branch for YA books! If you’re interested, use my link to subscribe to support my page!). This month I went with two books:
- Lock Every Door by Riley Sager
- Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
This month I was so blessed and grateful to receive such a generous gift from one of my dear friends, Melanie @ Meltotheany. She sent me a copy of Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner, as she had an extra one and I was desperate to read it. This book is high on my potential list for Backlist Must Reads in 2020, so I’m so thrilled to finally have my own copy! Thank you so much Melanie, I love you so much and the world does not deserve you!
When I go to a new place, I make it a point to visit any local bookstore I can find, and I usually make a purchase to show my support. My husband and I went to Maine on our anniversary trip this year, and Bar Harbor just happened to have an adorable book store! I bought two books:
- Wilder Girls by Rory Power
- All The Missing Girls by Megan Miranda
Only 5 books this month – not too bad! I’m pretty impressed with my self control this month. Let’s see if I can keep it up??
How many books did you buy this month?